Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
- Contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
- Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and equipment.
- Instruct participants in skiing, swimming, or other recreational activities and provide safety precaution information.
- Patrol or monitor recreational areas such as trails, slopes, and swimming areas, on foot, in vehicles, or from towers.
- Complete and maintain records of weather and beach conditions, emergency medical treatments performed, and other relevant incident information.
- Maintain quality of pool water by testing chemical levels.
- Warn recreational participants of inclement weather, unsafe areas, or illegal conduct.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.7%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)