Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Service, clean, or supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, or equipment.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.5%
National: + 5.8%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)