Career Book List: Human Service
- The Busy Body Book: A Kid’s Guide to Fitness by Lizzy Rockwell
A celebration of the amazing human machine and a life on the move! Your amazing body can jump, sprint, twist, and twirl. Your body is built to move.
- Ruby’s Beauty Shop by Rosemary Wells
Ruby and Louise have everything they need to make Max gorgeous, including wigs, makeup, and instant stick-on nails. But when Max decides to play beauty shop his way, everyone is in for a real makeover surprise!
- Even Monsters Need Haircuts by Matthew McElligott
Just before midnight, on the night of a full moon, a young barber stays out past his bedtime to go to work. Although his customers are mostly regulars, they are anything but normal—after all, even monsters need haircuts.
- How to Get a Job . . . By Me, The Boss by Sally Lloyd-Jones
This young narrator knows all about how to get a job, and she walks readers through the whole process: from deciding what they want to be all the way to acing the interview.
- Community Helpers from A to Z (Alphabasics) by Bobbie Kalman and Niki Walker
Meet people of different nationalities who make our communities cleaner, safer and more pleasant.
- Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox
A small boy tries to discover the meaning of "memory" so he can restore that of an elderly friend.
- Clifford’s Good Deeds by Norman Bridwell
Clifford sets out to perform good deeds.
- I Was So Mad (Little Critter) by Mercer Mayer
Mercer Mayer's very popular Little Critter stars in a picture book about feeling angry. Little Critter announces he will run away. When pals come by and ask him to come and play baseball, our young hero's mood quickly changes.
- Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy by Barbara Park
A beauty shop guy! That's what Junie B. Jones is going to be one when she grows up. But first she needs a little practice. And a few volunteers.
- Jane Addams: Pioneer Social Worker by Charnan Simon
Learn about Addams’ life and her contributions to her community and the field of social work.
- What is a Community from A to Z? by Bobbie Kalman
Learn about what makes up a community, from the people to the culture to the services offered.
- Focusing on Fitness: Have You Got What It Takes to Be a Personal Trainer? (On the Job) by Lisa Thompson
Find out what skills are needed, what's in a day's work, and where atheltic training can take you.
- Feeling Better: A Kid's Book about Therapy by Rachel Rashkin
Using a journal format, 12-year-old Maya chronicles her emotional ups and downs and describes the process of psychotherapy.
- Viktor Frankl: A Life Worth Living by Anna Redsand
This thoroughly researched biography is a compelling account of one man’s struggles and, ultimately, his triumphant success in forging a life worth living.
- Choosing a Community Service Career: A How-to Guide (Life-a How-to Guide) by Amy Graham
Explore the worlds of police officers, EMTs, firefighters, social workers, librarians, and funeral directors, among others, and discover if any of these careers could be right for you!
- Career Ideas for Kids Who Like Talking by Diane Lindsey Reeves and Lindsey Clasen
This informative book helps kids find their voice and guides them on how best to apply those skills to careers in fields such as broadcasting and speech pathology.
Login to Save.