Career Book List: Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
- Richard Scarry's A Day at the Airport by Richard Scarry
When rains ruins their plans, Sally, Huckle, & Lowly instead travel to the airport for a day of sightseeing and adventure.
- The Noisy Airplane Ride by Mike Downs
Learning about all the sounds you might hear when riding on a plane.
- The Last Train by Gordon M. Titcomb
Based on the song by Gordon Titcomb, explore the past history of trains and the American railroad through the artwork. Included are links to railroad resources.
- T is for Tugboat: Navigating the Seas from A to Z by Traci N. Todd and Sara Gillingham
Learn all about ships and nautical terms from this A-Z guide full of illustrations and explanations.
- C is for Caboose: Riding the Rails from A to Z by Traci N. Todd and Sara Gillingham
Learn all about trains and railroads from this A-Z guide full of illustrations and explanations.
- A is for Astronaut: Exploring Space from A to Z by Traci N. Todd and Sara Gillingham
Learn all about astronauts, spaceships, and space in this A-Z guide full of illustrations and explanations.
- Little Tim and the Brave Sea Captain by Edward Ardizzone
Tim wants to be a sailor and stows away on a boat to end up at sea on an exciting adventure.
- Rand McNally Kids Road Atlas by Kristy McGowan, Karen Richards, and Chris Reed
Features real road maps, activities, state facts, puzzles, and more!
- Big Book of Things that Go by DK Publishing
With pages chock-full of all sorts of vehicles, kids can learn all about moving machines through clear, concise explanations of their uses.
- Subway by Karen Katz and Anastasia Suen
A detailed account of a child’s trip on the subway.
- Subway by Christoph Niemann
A father and his sons spend a rainy day exploring the subways of New York City.
- Subway Ride by Heather Lynne Miller and Sue Rama
Take a journey around the world as 5 children explore the subways in different cities.
- I'm a Truck Driver by Jonathan London and David Parkins
As a boy and girl take turns operating a variety of trucks, you’ll learn about what these trucks do and where they’re used.
- Truck Driver Tom by Monica Wellington
Learn about Tom’s job as a truck driver as he journeys across the country to deliver goods.
- Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry
As a family makes its way to the beach for a picnic, they encounter all sorts of moving machinery!
- Seymour Simon's Book of Trucks by Seymour Simon
This book is full of bright photos and helpful comparisons to elephants and dinosaurs to imagine their weight and size. Also discusses the function of various trucks.
- The Building of the Transcontinental Railroad by Nathan Olson
Learn about the struggles and triumphs of the building of the Transcontinental Railroad in the late 1800’s.
- Kids' Easy Bike Care: Tune-Ups, Tools & Quick Fixes (Quick Starts for Kids) by Steven Cole
A guide to maintaining your bike, learn about the different parts, how to keep them working, and how to make repairs.
- Just Plane Smart! Activities for Kids in the Air and on the Ground by Ed Sobey
Just Plane Smart! is packed with fascinating facts, funny cartoons and riddles, brain-teasing puzzles, and high-flying things to do.
- Illustrated Timeline of Transportation (Visual Timelines in History) by Kremena Spengler and Eldon Doty
From canoes to trains, cars to airplanes, this book length timeline is packed with all kinds of transportation.
- Draw 50 Airplanes, Aircrafts, and Spacecraft: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw World War II Fighter Planes, Modern Jets, Space Capsules, and Much More... By Lee J. Ames
World War I bombers, rocket launchers and all types of flying machines are represented here in step-by-step drawings.
- Transportation: From Walking to High-Speed Rail (Timeline History) by Elizabeth Raum
This informative book explores the development of transportation from ancient times to today.
- Henry Ford: Young Man With Ideas (Childhood of Famous Americans Series) by Hazel B. Aird
The early life of the American automotive industrialist who founded the Ford Motor Company and pioneered in assembly-line methods of mass production.
- Green Ways of Getting Around: Careers in Transportation by Diane Dakers
Explore mass transit green car technology and new types, plus career opportunities in the field.
- Transportation (Discovering Careers) by Inc. Facts on File (Corporate Author)
Explore careers in transportation, including responsibilities, education, salary, and job outlook.
- How Cars Work by Tom Newton
An Illustrated Guide to the 250 Most Important Car Parts and how they work.
- Wilbur and Orville: A Biography of the Wright Brothers (Dover Transportation) by Fred Howard
Definitive, highly regarded study tells the full story of the Wright brothers' lives and work
Login to Save.