Career Book List: Health Science
- The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
Brother gets a cavity filled and Sister gets a baby tooth pulled when they visit the dentist.
- The Berenstain Bears Visit the Doctor by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
Sister Bear and Brother Bear go for a checkup, while Papa Bear gets sick when he won’t go.
- Open Wide: Tooth School Inside by Laurie Keller
Learn about all 32 teeth, brushing, flossing, tooth decay, and more.
- Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body by Tish Rabe
Journey with The Cat in the Hat through the human body, exploring places like your brain, skin, blood system, digestive tract, and more.
- Susan Laughs by Jeanne Wills
Learn about disabilities as you follow Susan through many different activities in a kid’s life. At the end, you learn Susan is in a wheelchair.
- My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson-Peete and Ryan Elizabeth Peete
Charlie has autism. Learn about autism, its challenges, and positive experiences from his twin sister, Callie.
- How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon? By Jane Yolen
Rhyming story about young dinosaurs that are sick and their behaviors.
- Moses Goes to a Concert by Isaac Millman
This colorful storybook introduces hearing children to American Sign Language. At the end of the book are two full conversations in sign language and a page showing the hand alphabet.
- Goodbye Tonsils! by by Craig Hatkoff, Juliana Hatkoff, and Marilyn Mets
It is time for Juliana to have her tonsils taken out and with the support of her friends and family Juliana is prepared. Surgery doesn't seem so bad because Juliana knows that she has a lot to look forward to.
- The Skeleton Inside You (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2) by Philip Balestrino and True Kelley
Learn all about what a skeleton can do -- because this isn't some make-believe Halloween skeleton, this is the real skeleton inside you.
- The Apothecary by Christine Petersen
This educational book informs readers of the role apothecaries played in colonial society, including aspects of their everyday lives, responsibilities, and social interactions.
- You Wouldn’t Want to be Sick in the 16th Century! by Kathryn Senior
This informative book educates readers on disease prevention and treatment in the 16th century.
- Jonas Salk and the Polio Vaccine (Graphic Library: Inventions and Discovery) by Katherine E. Krohn
This graphic storybook tells the story of Jonas Salk's involvement in the development of a polio vaccine.
- Gorilla Doctors:Saving Endangered Great Apes (Scientists in the Field) by Pamela S. Turner
The "Gorilla Doctors" in this book study how human exposure effects the lives of gorillas, document the daily lives of the gorillas, provide emergency care to injured animals, and even act as foster parents to an orphaned gorilla baby named Fearless.
- Gifted Hands, Kids Edition: The Ben Carson Story (ZonderKidz Biography) by Gregg Lewis and Deborah Shaw Lewis
Gifted Hands Kids Edition tells the extraordinary true story of an angry, young boy from the inner city who, through faith and determination, grew up to become one of the world's leading pediatric neurosurgeons.
- Hercules Doesn't Pull Teeth (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, No.30) by Debbie Dadey, Marcia T. Jones, and John Steven Gurney
Dr. Herb, the new dentist in town, has extra large muscles and wears a shirt that says "Champion of the World". Could he really be Hercules, the strongest man ever?
- Career Ideas for Teens in Health Science by Diane Lindsey Reeves, Gail Karlitz, and Anna Prokos
This informative text provides teens with information for career opportunities in health science.
- ER Vets: Life in an Animal Emergency Room by Donna M. Jackson
This informative book provides readers with a behind-the-scene look at the drama, excitement, and courage of being an ER vet.
- Dr. Frankenstein's Human Body Book by Richard Walker
Readers are invited into Dr. Frankenstein’s lab to assist him in reconstructing a human body.
- The Great Brain Book: An Inside Look At The Inside Of Your Head by HP Newquist, Keith Kasnot, and Eric Brace
An informal and intriguing look inside your head.
Login to Save.